About Me

My photo
East Providence, RI, United States
I am the proud gramma of a beautiful 10-year- old girl named Hailee. Her Pappa and I started this site so she can follow us as we travel throughout different states on our vacations. Now that she is older and we are able to travel the country with her, this will be a site for all of our friends and family to join us on our adventures throughout the USA

Sunday, February 15, 2009

We had a great time on our weekend get-a-way trip. After spending some time with Hailee after work on Friday, we headed up to Patriot's Place in Foxboro, MA. I would never have guessed that I would ever want to spend my anniversary in Foxboro; however, I must admit that this was one of our most memorable ones. We spent two hours Friday evening browsing Bass Outdoor World sporting store. We ate dinner inside the store at the Blue Fin Restaurant. The food was very good and not too expensive. Our hotel was the Holiday Inn Express which was located just 3 miles down the road from Patriot's Place.

Saturday we visited several Wine stores before we headed to Showcase de Lux cinema for a movie. We saw Confessions of a Shopaholic. We both liked the movie - definately worth seeing! But, the best part was the theatre. What an experience. The Lux area is well worth the extra $5 to see the movie in First Class. The food was great. We even had real silverware, glasses and linen napkins. We had a server available to us at anytime. All we had to do was press a button. The rest of the day was spent at the Musuem and shopping.
We ate dinner at Skipjacks restaurant. They had a special Valentine's Day menu which was delicious. The restaurant was decorated with red and white balloons and roses. The ending to a perfect day was shopping after dinner at the Christmas Tree Shop. Yes, Carl followed me around in the store for almost TWO hours without complaining once!!!!! I know, sometimes he can be such a GREAT guy.

Today, we left the hotel after breakfast and headed to ANOTHER Christmas Tree Shop in Somerville, MA. A few more wine stores were visited and then we headed home.
We had a wonderful time and we are glad to be able to share our trip with all of you. Our trips have been so much more meaningful when we know you are with us in spirit. See you all soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi i missed you guys a lot i saw the whole blog it was soooooooooooooo cool. I herd a lot of songs. I was in the room when you were writing it took for every but it was worth it. Way do you guys have to go i missed you and i bet every one did to maybe not of course we did. i loved when you said he can be such a GREAT guy. You should have said he can sometimes be a jerk but he is a knight. You should get him a knight/jerk costume. i love how you blog us at Hotmail.com. You are right when you say he is a jerk sometimes but he fights through everything Pappa and Gramma you guys sometimes fight but we all love you through it. But if there is like someone crys you guys are always there. Happy Valentime`s Day

Maureen said...

You are getting to be such a big girl. I can't believe how you already know how to blog and leave comments.

Anonymous said...

Hey Maureen!
Great blog! It sounds like you had such a great time! I love your pics! I never got into the de lux seats, but they look amazing! Maybe in another couple of weeks we can go! Lol. For whatever reason it took us forever to get up there, my GPS got me lost! lol I am def gunna hafta go to the Hall of Fame one of these days! And I hear ya on the Xmas tree shop! haha I can spend HOURS in there myself! And that Bass Pro Shop, surprisingly I also could spend hours in! I am so glad you had a great time! Happy Anniversary and Happy Late Valentines Day! :) Love, Heather

Anonymous said...

You know that you guys mean the world to us !!! WE LOVE YOU. Thansk again for not leaving us behind. We love travelig with you guys. I must say, I have not had breakfast yet, but watching your video clips has made me cry. The song didn't help...what a beautiful song. You know we will always be here for you.

Your friends Emily and the family.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Thank you for sharing your trips with us once again. I was nice to enjoy a memorable Valentines Day thru the both of you. Many, many, many more happy anniversaries... Love, hugs and kisses from the Veiga Family!!!!!

Rosa, Luis, Zecaree, Maraida and the additional ONE...

Vicky said...

Sounds like another fun weekend for you! Congrats on your wedding anniversary!