About Me

My photo
East Providence, RI, United States
I am the proud gramma of a beautiful 10-year- old girl named Hailee. Her Pappa and I started this site so she can follow us as we travel throughout different states on our vacations. Now that she is older and we are able to travel the country with her, this will be a site for all of our friends and family to join us on our adventures throughout the USA

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

VEGAS - Day 4

Hi Everyone,
We started today lying by the pool again. We spent just enough time there for me to read five magazines and the East Providence Post. After the pool we got changed and headed to lunch.

It seems that every year we manage to do something wild, crazy and dangerous on vacation. Well, this year was no exception! I had this great idea to eat lunch at the famous IN AND OUT BURGER. I loaded the address into my GPS and we were on our way. It was only ½ mile from our hotel, but it was off the strip. We had to cross 3 major highways and pass several homeless people sleeping under the bridges. We should have worn neon signs across our chests reading “we our tourists from out of town and are carrying lots of money and electronics – please rob us!!!!” I have to admit that I was a tad nervous, but we did survive and one bite of the burger made me realize that it was TOTALLY worth risking our lives for it.

We went to MGM Grand hotel and looked around before heading back for a really nice dinner at the Camelot Steak House at the Excalibur hotel. Now, we are going to our room to rest before our California trip tomorrow.

Sleep well everyone. To Hailee and all our adopted grandchildren, have a great day at school tomorrow. Talk to you again, soon.

Gramma and Pappa

PS: Answers to comments:
1. We got the free Nathan’s hotdogs because I printed out coupons on Vegas.com
2. I definitely recommend ZOOMANITY show – not sure of any other Cirque shows.
3. Our Southwest flight was long and boring. No TV’s, radio or electrical plugs.
4. We miss all of you, too

2 comments:

greta said...

YOU had a great idea to go to In N Out???? hahaha. Glad you liked it :)
If you want to risk your life again, go back and bring one home for me! <3

Chat with Kathleen said...

You two are definitely enjoying your Vegas experience including doing something wild and crazy like risking your lives to taste that burger. Good thing those were peaceful homeless people and glad you enjoyed that new adventure safely.
Enjoy California and the rest of your traveling on the west coast.