About Me

My photo
East Providence, RI, United States
I am the proud gramma of a beautiful 10-year- old girl named Hailee. Her Pappa and I started this site so she can follow us as we travel throughout different states on our vacations. Now that she is older and we are able to travel the country with her, this will be a site for all of our friends and family to join us on our adventures throughout the USA

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Viva Las Vegas - Day 1

Hi Everyone;
Well we arrived safe and sound in Vegas at 9:15 am to a welcoming 98 degrees. It really is the city that never sleeps. At midnight it seems as if it was only 8 pm with sooooooo many people on the streets. We went to bed at 12:30 Vegas time (which would have been 3:30 am RI time). We walked ALL day. I logged 18,674 steps and drank 72 ounces of water (that's a record for me). We saw the Cirque show ZOOMANITY last night. The only way I can explain it was "unbelievably amazing!!" When I booked the show, I knew it was for Mature Audiences Only, but I knew Carl would love it. Anyone who knows me, knows that's not my cup of tea. Little did I know, I would LOVE it. I sat on the edge of my seat for almost the entire show. It was tastefully done and amazing!!! I would recommend it to anyone an would see it again in a heartbeat.

Well, I now know that gambling is NOT in my blood. We have been in Vegas over 24 hours and I have not gambled 1 cent! Carl, on the other hand, well, we won't talk about that!!!!!!!!

We are now getting ready to sit by the pool for a few hours. Then, it will be the strip again, church, dinner and a Double-Decker trolley ride of the city at 9 pm. We miss all of you and think of you all often. So glad we are able to vacation together again this year. Have a great day and we will talk to you soon.

Love, Gramma and Pappa

5 comments:

John said...

I miss Vegas, keep the postings coming!!!

Chat with Kathleen said...

Happy that the flight was fine and you arrived safely and are now enjoying yourselves in the city that never sleeps. I loved Vegas and would go back in a moment. Great photos, love the views from the plane as you went over Colorado and upon the arrival .
That NYNY Zumanity must have been quite the sexual experience. If this was your first Cirque Du Soleil, you and Carl must have been mesmerized, amazed and astonished by the agility of the performers. Their acrobatic manueveurs leave you speechless. We just saw Illumination by Cirque Dreams” performance at MGM Foxwood last week with complimentary tickets. It was spectacular. They do moves with their bodies entwining themselves together as one that you think could never be possible, talk about the circus/carnival rubberman as flexible contortionists.
Your priceless outfits are gorgeous. you both look fantastic.
Will check in tomorrow for your Day 2 You guys are on a roll and in heaven.
BTW, what did you have to do to get free Nathan hotdogs, they are $4.75 at Foxwoods.

Heather said...

I am glad you arrived safe! It sounds like you are having a good time! That is good to hear that you liked the Cirque show, Cirque has never been up my alley either, never had any desire to see it, but maybe now I will give it a shot some day! :)

Haha, yea I hear ya! Gambling is not in my blood either! Good Luck to Carl, though! I hope he wins! :)

Love the pics! They are great! The hotel is amazing! :) Can't wait to read more!

Unknown said...

hi nice pictures i am back from michgan and tenese. i have a ton of storys and u to do.how was the southwest ride. i kinda know what u mean by. i love u miss u. Love Hailee

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun! Can't wait for the next set of pictures :)