About Me

My photo
East Providence, RI, United States
I am the proud gramma of a beautiful 10-year- old girl named Hailee. Her Pappa and I started this site so she can follow us as we travel throughout different states on our vacations. Now that she is older and we are able to travel the country with her, this will be a site for all of our friends and family to join us on our adventures throughout the USA

Thursday, September 11, 2008

DAY 7 NIAGARA FALLS / NY

Our trip is getting shorter and shorter. Today we tried to cram in as much as we could before leaving Niagara Falls. Our checkout time was 2pm. First we went to another 4D show. This one was called The Fury of the Falls. It started out as a very cute cartoon about how the falls started millions of years ago. Then doors opened and we walked into a room with 360 movie screens. We stood up and held onto a railing. During the show, we experienced a blizzard (windy, lots of snow fell on us). It rained on us and we experienced a terrible thunder and lightening storm (the floor rocked and lightening struck all around us --Nicole, you would have been looking for a kitchen table). Finally, we went down the falls. The floor rocked and moved violently and we got splashed on with lots of water. It was so much fun.


We took the Journey behind the falls. We had to wear yellow ponchos. Flat Stanley did not want to go because he was scared. We put on his poncho and promised to keep him safe in my backpack. He did great!


After packing up the truck, we headed to customs again. I was a little nervous because we had exceeded the limits of what we could bring back into the states. However, again, I logged every detail down in my book and had all the receipts. I was prepared to pay a hefty duty. When we came to the border patrol, he looked at my book, laughed and said "You do realize that you are way over the limits allowed?". I said yes, and then he said with a smile, You're all set, have a safe trip back home". Phew!!!!


We are now in Finger Lakes, NY. Wine Country! After a nice dinner, a swim in a 85 degree pool, we are now ready for bed. Hey, notice the time. I am very early tonight posting my blog. I'm getting pretty good at this now!


Talk to you tomorrow. Hailee, don't forget our cookies and milk. Call me.

3 comments:

Chat with Kathleen said...

What an exciting day of enjoying Niagara Falls. You and Carl really seem to be feeling all that wetness.The little poncho Stanley is wearing is so cute and tiny, glad you made him feel safe :)

The Finger Lakes and upstate New York is a beautiful area. I actually went swimming in one of the Finger Lakes when I attended Syracuse back in the late 60's Boy does that seem like a zillion years ago.
Enjoy those wineries, "Carl, you must be in heaven" there are several great wineries in that area, but you know where they are.

What's in store for Day 8?
We will all wait in suspense......

Anonymous said...

That ride sounds fun!! Ive been looking at all your blogs at work...shhhhh :) Have a safe trip back!
Love,
Lauren :*

Vicky said...

Thanks for bringing back the memories I have of Niagra Falls. I have been there 3 or 4 times. If you ever get the chance to come down this way we have two wineries that are an hour away in different directions that makes great wine and has great wine tasting too!