About Me

My photo
East Providence, RI, United States
I am the proud gramma of a beautiful 10-year- old girl named Hailee. Her Pappa and I started this site so she can follow us as we travel throughout different states on our vacations. Now that she is older and we are able to travel the country with her, this will be a site for all of our friends and family to join us on our adventures throughout the USA

Saturday, September 13, 2008

DAY 9 FINGER LAKES FINAL DAY

Hi Everyone,

Well, this is our final slide show and blog. I want to thank each and everyone of you who went on this 6 State Mini Road Trip with us. We felt as if all of you were with us every day and seeing this beautiful country through our eyes. I hope someday, again, you can all come with us and see more of this great country.

I also want to take this time to thank everyone who helped me celebrate my 50Th birthday. I used ALL of my "birthday money" for this 50Th birthday trip. The memories we have made during the past 10 days has given me an unforgettable 50Th birthday.

We visited several more wineries today. All of them, again, so different. We met many animals along the way, one even taking a poop. We ate lunch over looking Cayuga Lake and went to 4:30 pm mass at Holy Family Church (this mass was only 40 minutes). We road past many Amish homesteads and saw Amish children playing, clothes hanging out to dry, and horse and buggies. We road past one homestead where there was produce for sale on the honor system. A box was left out for the money and you just take what you want. CAN'T DO THAT BACK HOME!!! I purchased a 10lb bag of Amish-grown potatoes. You will all get a potato when I get back home.

Tonight, I had cookies with Hailee. We ate our "Grandma cookies" at the exact same time (via cell phones). Thanks Hailee.

Now, I am going to close up my laptop and pack it away. As our last song says, we are on our way Home Sweet Home. We have been on many, many trips over the last 20 years; however, this has been the most memorable because YOU were all with us. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. We love you all.

Maureen and Carl (Superman)

3 comments:

Chat with Kathleen said...

I hate to have you pack your laptop and end this fabulous trip you and Carl have invited all of us to be on with you, but as your songs sings you want to go to "Home Sweet Home"

You have made this trip so much fun for all of us.
Thank you so much for learning to blog and share your daily adventures with us.
We have missed you, but we felt you were with us everyday as we followed you each day to places we have not physically been to. You both have been outstanding travel guides.
See you soon.
Hugs, Sis

Anonymous said...

We CAN'T wait to see you all. It's been great "being" on this trip you with both. I am glad that you've had the opportunity for such a great adventure. However, Superman needs to report to duty tomorrow...we've missed him. No matter how many male helpers we get, there's only one Superman.

Have a safe trip back home.

Your friend,
Emily

Vicky said...

Yes, it was fun. I hope you are still planning to blog about other things that go on with you and your lives. I would love for you to blog about that fabulous Christmas dinner you and Carl do and post recipies like that Sausage Stuffing or that turkey soup! We will see all of you in less than a month!!! I can't wait!